Friday, August 17, 2007

Day 2 -- Arriving in Romford (photos)

17 AUGUST | Romford: Bower House

Photos! Here are a few photos (don't we all love pictures better than words!); mentioned in the previous post, they're of Bower House in Romford (north-east of main London), where Nicole was working for the two weeks before, the grounds, as well as a couple 'interesting' "me" photos.


Click ON the images to enlarge.








Photo 1: Red-Brick Wall
-- I was sitting on a bench next to this (pretty!) wall; look at all that moss and greeny/yellowy stuff! Just had to take an 'artsy' picture. (My favourite option on my Elph is 'Digital Macro', so it's no wonder half of the trip pictures are super zoomed-in. Apologies up front, sorry folks! :D)

Photo 2: Bower House (back)
-- This is a back view of the 'house'. It's really just one of the buildings on the estate, but you can notice the window details and the white moldings/cornices (?) and the traditional red-brick.

Photo 3: Bower House (back) (again)
-- Another view of the back of the building, and the flower bed, this time.


Photo 4: Steps
-- These are the steps I was sitting on, taking the other pictures. The black & white setting added a weathered, aged look to it; I love the detail of the moss/erosion of the steps and how the majority of the picture is blurry. I'm all for blurry, interesting pictures! :)

Photo 5: Weird Stick Thing
-- I have no idea what this thing is! It was in the grass, next to the bench, in this odd, spider/spider-web sort of shape. Definitely made of twigs, so... what? Someone wove it? I don't know. Just weird. A cool weird, though.

Photo 6: Bench and the Lawn
-- Here's a good view of the grounds to the left of where I was seated. The green grass, the trees that border the property, and the lone bench. There were various ones like this scattered throughout the grounds so people could sit and contemplate the landscape/work/etc. and relax a moment. They were actually pretty comfortable as benches go.

Photo 7: Red Shoes!
-- My shoes! Pretty red shoes. And it's blurry. It's like a home-run with this picture! :)

No comments: