Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 3 -- Day in London (1)

18 AUGUST | London: Internet Café (near Gloucester Road)


(GOOD GRIEF--it just took me 5 minutes to login to this account!)

Never mind that ... :) I'm here!
First off, it's raining, a little bit of a drizzle but enough to make me need to buy an umbrella. Next, I'm dashing about town buying odds and ends -- mobile phone, hair dryer, curling iron, coffee (:D) ... Stopped in a Whole Foods, too! Not nearly as helpful as ours back home, but anyways. Surprized to see it, and all.

Plans are thus--eventually make my way back east (spent 2 hours getting from where I'm staying to downtown London this morning--bugger of a trip if you ask me, which you shouldn't ;D); supposed to call Nicole and meet up with them (her and the girls she went to Stratford with) for the trek back. added. Romford is a bit out of the way, so traveling alone at night is a little sketchy. Best to do it with other people.

Tomorrow is BATH!!! (I'm so excited!) (Can't you tell?? :D) And I'm changing my plans to stay in Bath a couple extra days; before I was just going for the day -- last night, whilst sitting on the bathroom floor forlorn about the lack of countryside, I decided I'd switch those next two days in London for two days either in Bath or in a small town nearby. Stay at a bed&breakfast, that sort of thing. Besides, I actually have things to do in Bath, whereas for London, I was coming up short. Plus, I'll have plenty of time there on Thursday and Sunday coming up.

Whew! Next off is to find a loo, find the way to the right tube, and see if my mobile works yet. It's super cute, turquoise Nokia (pre-paid). :) (I'm such a girl.)

Visited off High Street Kensington (here, High Street is like the main street) the little church park where we went the first time I was here -- just the same as before -- very cute. Popped into Topshop and Urban Outfitters, but too crowded and too pricey. Not really in the mood for clothes shopping anyways.

What else ... well, it's really neat being here, for one,--Oooo, my phone just turned on! YAY :D Now I can text Nicole when & where to meet for the tube.


Oh, I was going to mention I love all the different words here. "tube" for subway, "queue" for wait in line, "way out" for exit, and one of my favs, "lift" for elevator.

I wrote a long bit yesterday whilst waiting at Bower House (where Nicole was working with others) manor, but I'll have to post it later -- probably tomorrow or Monday, and I'll backdate it. :) Sneaky!

Well, I really need to find a loo (bathroom :)) and get back towards the east side of London, and find an umbrella if at all possible. Sainsbury's, also, for I really want to buy this cute little birdhouse I saw advertised there for only £2 ($4.00).

I hope everyone is doing well! Please reply with comments if you want. :)

LOVE YOU ALL!
~ Anne

p.s. on the up-side, I'm very glad I brought all those clothes I packed -- it's chilly here, and I look very posh (well, except for my hair, but now I've got things for that.) So that's all good. ;)

4 comments:

bill.cathy.onthego said...

hello miss anne. Glad you are having a wonderful time, rain and all. puma is sitting here by the keyboard while i type. jason is working on his Tx St. stuff and stephen is exploring his laptop. we didn't go yet to arlington... going Tuesday instead.
have been sewing a bit and trying to buy a swimsuit online.... scarry about the size stuff.
it's sunshiney here and dad just walked in. he says hi!!!! Stephen says hi sissy. andrew is a little less nervous now.... he and dad just got back from the bank. sooooooo we miss you and keep up the postings!!!!! love you much!!!! mum.

Unknown said...

Dearheart your brit-speak is OUT OF CONTROL.

Anne said...

I LOVE MY BRIT-SPEAK!!! :D

Anne said...

MUM! DAD! DREWZLY! STEPHEN! THE PUMA!!! Yay for internets!! :)

I'm so happy to hear from y'all, you have no idea (well, probably you do). :) I miss you guys so much; really wish I was either home already or y'all were all here with me! :D Edinburgh tomorrow, so all that Scottish stuff will be found and I can take lots of pictures of our family heritage & whatnot! :)

Give the kitties LOTS of kisses from me! Hug Scottsie and Drewzly and Stephen and thanks Mum and Dad for being the awesomeest of parents. Really:)

LOVEY'ALL!!!